Stahl Sheaffer Engineering’s Aaron Fayish Will Present Video-Based Roadway Inspection Technology
|State College, PA, September 5, 2013|
Aaron Fayish, PE, PTOE, will present Stahl Sheaffer’s innovative roadway management technology at upcoming conferences.
EnerGIS: Integrating High Definition GPS Enabled Video Playback with Web Enabled GIS to Analyze Pavement Defects for Oil & Gas - Over-legal weight truck traffic impacts roadways, resulting in deterioration which shale gas developers are required to repair in a timely manner or risk losing access to the roadway. In response to these challenges, Stahl Sheaffer developed a high definition GPS enabled video playback application, which integrates video playback and web-enabled GIS to efficiently analyze and report roadway conditions. This data helps operators ensure timely repairs and maintain safe roadway conditions, ensuring uninterrupted road use and providing protection from liability. The custom application can also be utilized for asset management on other linear features such as pipelines, electric facilities, or ROWs.
OTEC - Shale gas development impacts rural transportation infrastructure not typically designed for large volumes of heavy truck traffic. Accelerated roadway deterioration can occur on routes subject to this type of development, resulting in several undesirable consequences including safety issues, high repair costs, and negative public reactions. Stahl Sheaffer Engineering uses innovative asset management tools to track and report roadway conditions for shale gas developers. Roadway condition surveys are conducted on a frequent basis and detailed roadway deterioration information is captured utilizing vehicle‐based GPS and GIS software applications. Roadway condition data is incorporated into a web‐based mapping application which is shared in partnership with shale gas developers, regulatory agencies, engineers, and contractors to provide coordinated roadway maintenance planning.
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering Job Posting: Structural Engineer
|State College, PA, August 6, 2013|
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering, LLC is currently seeking a Structural Engineering Manager at our State College, PA office.
- Direct and manage project development from feasibility to construction administration
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Develop full scale project plans and associated documents (specs)
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Demonstrate experience in personnel management
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Build, develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of the projects
- BS – Civil Engineering with a focus in structures
- P. E. License in Pennsylvania
- A minimum of 10 years direct work experience including work in a management capacity
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, structural engineering software, AutoCAD, and project management software
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
Compensation and Benefits:
- Company-paid health Insurance (for the employee)
- Health Reimbursable Agreement program for the health insurance deductible
- Company paid dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) savings plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Training assistance
- Educational assistance
Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. E. O. E.
- 8/19/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering is hosting an event to support the Centre County Youth Service Bureau, a non-profit organization focused on youth services since 1967. HELP US SEND KIDS TO SEE PSU PLAY KENT STATE.
- 8/1/2013: Stahl Sheaffer is pleased to announce the addition of Greg Stewart, EIT as a Designer in our Transportation Department. Greg is a graduate of Widener University with a degree in Civil Engineering.
- 6/25/2013: SSE is pleased to announce the addition of Sam G. Hoy, Jr. to our construction inspection team. Sam joins us as a TCI for the SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority – South Avis Realty Industrial Access Road Construction Inspection project in Avis, PA. Sam lives in Mill Hall. He has worked as a construction inspector for over 12 years for another firm that had many PennDOT projects. Sam holds his NECET, NICET Bituminous certification as well as a PennDOT concrete technician.
- 6/1/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering has recently added seven new employees to its transportation engineering department. Jason Stouffer, Jordan Frey, and Devin Lansberry, EIT, have earned degrees in civil engineering and will serve as designers. Luke Miller, who also holds his EIT, is joining Stahl Sheaffer as an intern. In the McMurray office, Ray Yost comes onboard as a TCI-3 construction inspector; Dave Corden joins as a construction manager with NICET Level IV and NECEPT certifications, and Brian Wilson brings an associate’s degree in drafting to serve as a CADD technician. This expansion is necessary to support ongoing roadway engineering and maintenance due to shale gas traffic, and a new construction inspection and bridge reconstruction job with the PA Turnpike at mileposts 125 to 134 in Bedford and Somerset Counties.
- 3/26/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering named Business of the Year by the Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce. At the annual meeting and awards ceremony this month, the Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce celebrated with 230 of its members at Front Street Station in Northumberland. The Business of the Year Award was presented to Stahl Sheaffer Engineering, LLC. “The Business of the Year Award is given to a business that has more than 75 employees and is an example of professional growth, excellence and commitment in the Susquehanna Valley.”
- 2/25/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering has been named a Top 100 Organization by the editorial board of Pennsylvania Business Central Magazine and is profiled in the Feb. 22 issue. A record number of nominations were taken from throughout the publication’s 20-county coverage area with more than 65,000 eligible candidates. The final honorees were businesses that achieved a level of excellence and had a positive impact on the region in 2012, according to David N. Wells, magazine publisher. Congratulations to all of the winners!
- 1/29/2013: Congratulations to one of our founders and principals! Jeffery Sheaffer, P.E.,was selected as one of the Top 100 People for 2012 by PA Business Central. Jeff has BS in Civil Engineering from The Johns Hopkins University and is a NBIS Certified Bridge Safety Inspector. He is a member of COAA, APPA, ASCE, AIA, ASHE, ACEC, and the ASI. Jeff is personally involved in three chambers and many local organizations, and he is an active coach and sponsor for youth sports.
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering Expands Transportation Department
|State College, PA, January 4, 2013|
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering is pleased to announce the addition of two new full-time employees in our transportation department. James Kerins joins our McMurray office as a designer. He is a recent graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in Civil Engineering. He served as an intern with PennDOT District 11-0. Brandon Cohenour, who has been employed with SSE in a temporary role since March, now joins the transportation team as a full-time technician in the State College office. This expansion reflects the continuing growth of SSE’s transportation services in Pittsburgh and State College.