Job Posting: Structural Engineer
|State College, PA, January 16, 2014|
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Project Manager at our McMurray, PA office.
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering awarded Clearwater Community Conservation Commendation
|State College, PA, November 22, 2013|
We are very proud to be recognized by this outstanding organization for our contributions to the design and permitting of the Musser Gap Greenway. This recreational trail will provide a safe connection for pedestrians and bicyclists between Penn State campus and Musser Gap, a gateway to Rothrock State Forest. We are honored to work with the Conservancy and to be part of this project that will be such a valuable asset to the community. Read more…
Stahl Sheaffer Helps Raise Money for Howard Fire Department by Chunkin’ Pumpkins
|State College, PA, October 21, 2013|
The Stahl Sheaffer trebuchet was not only part of the attraction at the Howard Fall Festival, it was part of the overall collaboration with the Howard Fire Company to raise a significant portion of the company’s budget. This year’s festival drew approximately 25,000 people to Bald Eagle State Park. Next stop – the World Champion Punkin Chunkin Competition in Delaware. http://www.centredaily.com/2013/10/19/3846511/pumpkins-go-flying-at-bald-eagle.html
SSE Welcomes New Structural Engineering Manager
|State College, PA, October 10, 2013|
Stahl Sheaffer welcomes our new structural engineering manager Peter Brumberg! Pete, a Penn State graduate, brings more than 13 years of experience to Stahl Sheaffer in the design of structural systems for new construction and renovations with a focus on the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
Stahl Sheaffer Principals Present on Key Industry Topics
Jeff Sheaffer, PE, co-presented with PSU representatives on Worker Safety issues at the upcoming Keystone Association of Physical Plant Administrators (KAPPA) conference in Altoona, October 23.
Aaron Fayish, PE, PTOE, presented Stahl Sheaffer’s innovative tools to analyze, track, and report roadway conditions at the Ohio Transportation Engineering Conference (OTEC) conference and the EnerGIS Conference.
- 8/19/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering is hosting an event to support the Centre County Youth Service Bureau, a non-profit organization focused on youth services since 1967. HELP US SEND KIDS TO SEE PSU PLAY KENT STATE.
- 8/1/2013: Stahl Sheaffer is pleased to announce the addition of Greg Stewart, EIT as a Designer in our Transportation Department. Greg is a graduate of Widener University with a degree in Civil Engineering.
- 6/25/2013: SSE is pleased to announce the addition of Sam G. Hoy, Jr. to our construction inspection team. Sam joins us as a TCI for the SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority – South Avis Realty Industrial Access Road Construction Inspection project in Avis, PA. Sam lives in Mill Hall. He has worked as a construction inspector for over 12 years for another firm that had many PennDOT projects. Sam holds his NECET, NICET Bituminous certification as well as a PennDOT concrete technician.
- 6/1/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering has recently added seven new employees to its transportation engineering department. Jason Stouffer, Jordan Frey, and Devin Lansberry, EIT, have earned degrees in civil engineering and will serve as designers. Luke Miller, who also holds his EIT, is joining Stahl Sheaffer as an intern. In the McMurray office, Ray Yost comes onboard as a TCI-3 construction inspector; Dave Corden joins as a construction manager with NICET Level IV and NECEPT certifications, and Brian Wilson brings an associate’s degree in drafting to serve as a CADD technician. This expansion is necessary to support ongoing roadway engineering and maintenance due to shale gas traffic, and a new construction inspection and bridge reconstruction job with the PA Turnpike at mileposts 125 to 134 in Bedford and Somerset Counties.
- 3/26/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering named Business of the Year by the Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce. At the annual meeting and awards ceremony this month, the Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce celebrated with 230 of its members at Front Street Station in Northumberland. The Business of the Year Award was presented to Stahl Sheaffer Engineering, LLC. “The Business of the Year Award is given to a business that has more than 75 employees and is an example of professional growth, excellence and commitment in the Susquehanna Valley.”
- 2/25/2013: Stahl Sheaffer Engineering has been named a Top 100 Organization by the editorial board of Pennsylvania Business Central Magazine and is profiled in the Feb. 22 issue. A record number of nominations were taken from throughout the publication’s 20-county coverage area with more than 65,000 eligible candidates. The final honorees were businesses that achieved a level of excellence and had a positive impact on the region in 2012, according to David N. Wells, magazine publisher. Congratulations to all of the winners!
- 1/29/2013: Congratulations to one of our founders and principals! Jeffery Sheaffer, P.E.,was selected as one of the Top 100 People for 2012 by PA Business Central. Jeff has BS in Civil Engineering from The Johns Hopkins University and is a NBIS Certified Bridge Safety Inspector. He is a member of COAA, APPA, ASCE, AIA, ASHE, ACEC, and the ASI. Jeff is personally involved in three chambers and many local organizations, and he is an active coach and sponsor for youth sports.
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering Expands Transportation Department
|State College, PA, January 4, 2013|
Stahl Sheaffer Engineering is pleased to announce the addition of two new full-time employees in our transportation department. James Kerins joins our McMurray office as a designer. He is a recent graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in Civil Engineering. He served as an intern with PennDOT District 11-0. Brandon Cohenour, who has been employed with SSE in a temporary role since March, now joins the transportation team as a full-time technician in the State College office. This expansion reflects the continuing growth of SSE’s transportation services in Pittsburgh and State College.